Wednesday, March 4, 2015

8 years and holding CLL Stage Zero

You may know me as the former blogger on 'Debbie Does Raw' or even my second incarnation as 'Grass Fed Momma'.  Those were different times, and I am still here. Yep. Still alive and well.

    As I head into my eighth year since that fateful meetup with a very large biopsy needle, I am feeling pretty great actually. I see my oncologist every six months and my last blood test was the best ever. Yes, Ever. Since diagnosis in April of 2007 where the white blood cell count hovered around 17k ( normal is 4-10k) this was my best yet. In October of 2014 my white count was 12.9, as close to 'normal' as I have been.
That does not mean I am 'cured' nor does it count as remission but it does mean that my cancer is not progressing at all and that is a very good thing.

  So, how does this effect my daily life? Not that much. I do get tired but I am an older lady now, 56 in May. I am active but not as manic as I used to be thanks to figuring out that all that spinning, weight lifting for hours and running lots of hills was not really better for me. I have to give big ups to Matt Stone of the infamous 180 Degree Health for a lot of my changes for the better. That includes eating a lot more variety of foods and relaxing about food in general. Not the material for a best seller perhaps, but the truth. Some odd bruises pop up here and there, I probably sleep more than the average bear but all in all, if I had not had that biopsy I would still not know that I have CLL.
CLL Cells in Bone Marrow

   I work full time from home, walk my dog a lot, lift some weights, do a bit of this and that. But writing has always been my thing, my favorite next to reading. The urge to write, share, converse on life and all it's crazy loops and turns is pulling on me hardcore. So here I am. And I hope you join me here as well and share your crazy straw of a life with me and everyone else. We need that. Otherwise it's just so lonely to be in the world.
Thank Goodness for my friends and family, they keep me in line and from really being nuts.
With Love and Gratitude
Debbie xo


 

20 comments:

  1. Debbie's got a new blog and I'm the first commenter.

    WOOT! Do I win a prize? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find this highly appropriate! So happy you are here in the land of what the heck is going on that I reside in. Love you EV yes, you win my undying devotion and cyber hugs xoxo

      Delete
    2. Love you too Deb! I'll take that prize. Looking forward to more blogging from you.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! The HAG Is back and full of piss and vinegar! as it should be xoxoxoxox

      Delete
    2. Piss, vinegar, and strawberry balsamic ice cream!

      Delete
    3. YAS. Oh, boy. This might be too much fun. ;)

      Delete
    4. shhhh don't tell everyone.I want to sell that to Jeni's so they can pay me ONE MILLION DOLLARS.
      love you Kamal xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  3. Love you Doobie!!! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunshine, love you back! It is good to be writing again! <3

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks girl! So good to see these comments, warms my heart right up! <3

      Delete
  5. yes! That is true well If you say it is.. ha ha love you back BFA xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sir Highcock for visiting all the way from Scotland! I hope to post weekly and maybe you would like to guest blog for me on your walking and hiking info? xoxo deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw thanks Elle! I hope to post at least once a week with new stuff! xo Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sister! So glad you're back at it writing and kibitzing with the world. Good job. I'm looking forward to many insightful and happy blogs. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Lanae! Funny enough I have a lot to say, I just hope everyone wants to hear it! xoxoxox deb

      Delete

What Say You?