Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Heart of the Matter


Crazy Heart!


 I have been told I wear my emotions on my sleeve. Not sure how old that saying is but basically it means I am easy to read. I show my feelings quickly and I am pretty transparent. When I am passionate about something I tend to get super excited and think that just maybe every single person I know will want to know about it too. So to some I am probably super annoying. In fact, a few people have shared that with me over the years, that perhaps I can take it down a notch, settle down, be less loud and just not share so much.
  Poppycock.
Or not....

Lately I have really felt a pull towards pulling a bit of a curtain over my heart at times and just keeping my feelings to myself.  Thinking more before I say things out loud. Tempering my vitriol or excitement. Curbing My Enthusiasm.
 Truth is not everyone is so interested in what you are thrilled or upset about. And sometimes, it is better to keep it to yourself or to share with a friendly audience. In other words, to hang on to your heart but not show it all around to everyone.
Some people love burritos. Some do not. Know who you are speaking with before you speak.
Dogs on the other hand, they listen no matter what. Perhaps that is how they got that title, man's best friend.
Not everyone can handle an 11 on the emotional scale. Not everyone needs to. I guess that is the heart of the matter, know when to show it and know when to hold it.
So I am trying and it's hard for me. To not yell at the crazy driver who cut me off. To not talk too loud in public about private matters. To just feel things  and yet not share when it's not a good time to do so.

I trust you will tell me how I'm doing :-)


Ciao Bella
Deb xo
















No comments:

Post a Comment

What Say You?