Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Slow Down Life

Aloha from Honolulu!

We are here for our annual visit to see family on the island of Oahu.  When we arrive here, life seems to slow down and get more laid back right away.


The hectic pace of LA life with work, home , school and all of that fades away.  In it's place are the trade winds, humid air and sudden showers, turquoise waves, white sand and fluffy clouds.

We eat too much, we sleep a lot , we lie on the sand and walk in the waves.

It's a seductive siren call. I always ponder what living this way full time would be like. I don't like the crowded big city of Honolulu, but this year we are staying in Kailua, a bit outside the big city.  We love it here. They even have Whole Foods and Target, what's not to like? 

Have you ever taken a vacation and had a fantasy of not coming home?
I love where we live. I am a Cali Girl born and raised. I don't really think island life is for me. 
But.... the thought crosses my mind every time we come here.
May your week be filled with the sweet smell of flowers and the taste of wonderful fresh fruit. Get outside, take a walk, vacation in your own town. Who knows, you may decide to stay. 
With Aloha From Hawaii
Deb xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

What Say You?